Please note that you must register or log in to purchase this resource.
|NDR-UK Ref No:||9004|
|Publication Format:||A5 leaflet|
Guidance for adults and children advised to follow a diet completely free from egg and egg products.
Advice is complex, condition specific and requires a Dietitian with knowledge, skills and experience in the condition.
To support patients to safely undertake a milk and/or egg free diet that meets their individual needs.
The Target Group will:
- know what and how to choose appropriate foods to meet nutritional and energy requirements for health and to thrive.
- be able to read food labels to make appropriate food choices.
- know what the guideline requirements are for calcium (and other nutrients as appropriate), and to meet these through appropriate food/drink choices.
- know the risk of key nutritional deficiencies (Ca, Fe, fibre etc) and what foods to choose to meet defined targets via helpful suggestions in text.
- Cameron SL, Taylor RW and Heath A-L M (2013) Parent-led or baby-led? Association between complementary feeding practices and health related behaviours in a survey of New Zealand families. BMJ 9; 3 (12) www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24327363
- Complementary feeding and baby led weaning. Institute of health visitors (2015)
- Ierodiakonau D et al (2016) Timing of Allergenic Food Introduction to the Infant Diet and Risk of Allergic or Autoimmune Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JAMA. 2016 Sep 20; 316(11):1181-1192. doi: 10.1001/jama.2016.12623.
- Morrison BJ et al (2016) How different are baby-led weaning and conventional complementary feeding? A cross sectional study of infants aged 6-8 months. BMJ Open 6, 6 (5) www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4861100
- Muraro A et al (2014) Primary prevention of food allergy in children and adults. EAACI Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Guidelines Primary prevention of food allergy. www.eaaci.org/foodallergyandanaphylaxisguidelines Allergy. 69 (8) 1008-25
- Perkin M, Logan K and Lack G (2015) EAT - A randomized controlled trial of early introduction of allergenic foods to induce tolerance in infants www.food.gov.uk/sites/default/files/eat-study-full-report.pdf
- Townsend E and Pitchford N J (2012) Baby knows best? The impact of weaning style on food preferences and BMI in early childhood in a case-controlled sample. BMJ 2e000298 http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000298