|NDR-UK Ref No:||9144|
|Publication Format:||A5 leaflet|
A comprehensive guide to gluten-free living with coeliac disease or dermatitis herpetiformis. Includes food listings, practical tips and wider dietary considerations. Developed with the support of Coeliac UK.
Advice is complex, condition specific and requires a Dietitian with knowledge, skills and experience in the condition.
To provide the Target Group with knowledge to self-manage their coeliac disease/DH and to promote overall well-being via clear guidance and signposting to support a full dietetic consultation.
The Target Group will:
- Understand their condition and symptoms.
- Understand the long-term complications of non-compliance with dietary and related guidelines.
- Understand secondary complications of coeliac disease.
- Know the aetiology of CD/DH.
- Know what and how to choose appropriate foods.
- Akobeng AK, Thomas AG, Systematic review: tolerable amount of gluten for people with coeliac disease. Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2008 Jun; Vol. 27 (11), pp. 1044-52
- Bianchi M, Inflammatory bowel diseases, coeliac disease, and bone. Achieves of Biochemistry and Biophysics 2010 Aug; Vol. 503, pp. 54-65
- Bianchi ML, Bardella MT, Review: bone and coeliac disease.Calcified Tissue International 2002 Aug; Vol. 71, pp. 465-71
- Bracken SC, Kilmartin C, Wieser H, Jackson J, Feighery C
Barley and rye prolamins induce an mRNA interferon-gamma response in coeliac mucosa, Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2006 May 1; Vol. 23 (9), pp. 1307-14.
- BSPGHAN and Coeliac UK guidelines on the diagnosis and management of coeliac disease in children, https://www.coeliac.org.uk/document-library/122-bspghan/ Codex Alimentarius Commission Procedural Manual, Eighteenth Edition, World Health Organization, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, 2008, WHO, Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN
- Ford S, Howard R, Oyebode J.Psychosocial aspects of coeliac disease: a cross-sectional survey of a UK population.British Journal of Health Psychology 2012 Nov; Vol. 17 (4), pp. 743-57
- Fric P et al, Coeliac disease, gluten-free diet, and oats, Nutrition Reviews (2011) Vol. 69(2):107–115
- Guidelines for osteoporosis in inflammatory bowel disease and coeliac disease (14), British Society of Gastroenterology, June 2007, www.bsg.org.uk
- Haboubi NY, Taylor S, Jones S, Coeliac disease and oats: a systematic review.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2653911/Postgraduate Medical Journal 2006; Vol. 82, pp. 972-8
- Hall et al, Intentional and inadvertent non-adherence in adult coeliac disease. A cross-sectional survey. Appetite (2013) 68: 56–62
- Lebwohl B et al. (2015) Mucosal healing and the risk of ischemic heart disease or atrial fibrillation in patients with celiac disease; a population-based study. PLoS One 10 (1); e0117529
- Lee, AR; Ng, DL; Dave, E; Ciaccio, EJ; Green, PHR,The effect of substituting alternative grains in the diet on the nutritional profile of the gluten-free diet. Journal of Human Nutrition & Dietetics, 2009, 22, (4): 359-63
- Olmos M, Antelo M, Vazquez H, Smecuol E, Mauriño E, Bai JC. Systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies on the prevalence of fractures in coeliac disease. Digestive Liver Diseases 2008 Jan; Vol. 40(1), pp. 46-53
- NICE guideline [NG20], September 2015, Coeliac disease: recognition, assessment and management
- Robins G, Akobeng A, McGough N, Merrikin E, & Kirk E, Systematic literature review on the nutritional adequacy of a typical gluten-free diet with particular reference to iron, calcium, folate and B vitamins. Food Standards Agency Project Code: T07053,18/02/2009. http://www.foodbase.org.uk/results.php?f_report_id=301
- Rose C, & Howard R, Living with coeliac disease: a grounded theory study. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics Mar 2013
- Scientific Advisory Committee on Health, Iron and Health
SACN, 2010, Published by TSO (The Stationery Office)
- Hall NJ, Rubin G, Charnock A, Systematic review: adherence to a gluten-free in adult patients with coeliac disease. Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2009 Aug; Vol. 30 (4), pp. 315-30