This product is also available in NDR Prescribe.
Please note that you must register or log in to purchase this resource.
|NDR-UK Ref No:||9069|
|Publication Format:||A5 leaflet|
Information on causes and how to combat constipation for people with disordered eating habits. Inside Eating range.
Advice requires some explanation from a Health Professional who has basic nutrition knowledge to enable correct implementation.
The pack aims to improve understanding of the effects of nutrient intake on both physical and mental health by:
- normalising eating habits
- improving nutritional knowledge
- restore/achieving healthy weight and growth
- developing helpful coping behaviours
The Target Group will know how to identify and manage constipation, and understand the impact of disordered eating in causing constipation.
- Ålgars, Monica; Huang, Lu; Von Holle, Ann F.; Peat, Christine M.; Thornton, Laura M.; Lichtenstein, Paul; Bulik, Cynthia M. Journal of Psychosomatic Research 2013.11.011
- Dempfle, Astrid; Herpertz-Dahlmann, Beate; Timmesfeld, Nina; Schwarte, Reinhild; Egberts, Karin M.; Pfeiffer, Ernst; Fleischhaker, Christian; Wewetzer, Christoph; Bühren, Katharina BMC Psychiatry
- Haedt-Matt AA; Keel PK, Hunger and binge eating: a meta-analysis of studies using ecological momentary assessment. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2011, 44, (7): 573-8
- Halvorsen I; Platou D; Hoiseth A, Bone mass eight years after treatment for adolescent-onset anorexia nervosa. European Eating Disorders Review
2012, 20, (5): 386-92
- Lazaro L; Andres S; Calvo A; Cullell C; Moreno E; Plana MT; Falcon C; Bargallo N; Castro-Fornieles, Normal gray and white matter volume after weight restoration in adolescents with anorexia nervosa. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2013, 46, (8): 841-8
- Moola F.J.; Gairdner S.E.; Amara C.E., Exercise in the care of patients with anorexia nervosa: A systematic review of the literature Mental Health and Physical Activity, 2013, 6, (2): 59-68
- Steffen, KJ; Mitchell, JE; Roerig, JL; Lancaster The eating disorders medicine cabinet revisited: a clinician's guide to ipecac and laxatives. International Journal of Eating Disorders 2007, 40, (4): 360-8
- Brown T.A.; Keel P.K, What Contributes to Excessive Diet Soda Intake in Eating Disorders: Appetitive Drive, Weight Concerns, or Both? Eating Disorders, 2013, 21, (3): 265-274
- Zuckerman-Levin N.; Hochberg Z.; Latzer Y, Bone health in eating disorders Obesity Reviews, 2014, 15, (3): 215-223