This product is also available in NDR Prescribe.
Please note that you must register or log in to purchase this resource.
|NDR-UK Ref No:||9449|
|Publication Format:||A5 leaflet|
A resource to support people understand how to correct high blood glucose through correction bolus insulin, and in turn promotes good self management by spotting trends and identifying causes of high blood glucose to reduce its recurrence.
This information booklet supports the implementation of recommendations in the NICE guideline on type 1 diabetes in adults. (March 2018)
Endorsed by the British Dietetic Association.
Advice requires detailed explanation from a Dietitian or other specialist Health Professional with appropriate nutritional knowledge, to enable correct understanding and implementation.
The resource aims to:
- support patient/client to self-manage their diabetes by diet, lifestyle and insulin control.
- help minimise long-term diabetes complications.
- improve quality of life for people with diabetes.
The Target Group will know how to:
- what their target blood glucose range is
- calculate their correction factor/insulin senstivity factor, and how to apply it through correction boluses
Type 1 diabetes in adults: diagnosis and management, NICE Guideline NG17, NICE 2015.