Weaning my baby
Weaning my baby
Please note that you must register or log in to purchase this resource.
|NDR-UK Ref No:||9408|
|Publication Format:||A5 leaflet|
A comprehensive guide to successfully weaning babies from milk on to solid foods. Includes guides for preparing foods, recipes and information on vitamins and fluids.
Enforcement of healthy eating messages for self-management - advice is easily understood requiring no additional explanation.
- Weaning, including through milk intolerance
- Healthy eating for children aged 1 - 12
- Weight gain for children who may struggle to eat enough
- Establishing eating patterns for children with eating difficulties
- Know when to introduce solids including vegetarian options
- Be aware of drinks to give
- Have awareness of common problems such as allergies. food refusal, constipation
- Brill H. Approach to milk protein allergy in infants.Canadian Family Physician. 2008;54(9):1258-1264.
- C.M.J.L. Vereijken, H. Weenen, M.M Hetherington.Feeding infants and young children. From guidelines to practice ? conclusions and future directions. Appetite, 2011
- Cooke LJ, Chambers LC, Anez EV, Wardle J. Facilitating or undermining? the effect of reward on food acceptance. A narrative review. Appetite. 2011;57(2):493-497.
- Department of Health, Introducing Solid Foods, Brochure 750K Feb 2011
- http://www.unicef.org.uk/Documents/Baby_Friendly/Leaflets/introducing-solid-foods.pdf (accessed 17/11/14)
- Dietary Habits of partly breast-fed and completely weaned infants at 9 months of age.Public Health Nutrition April 2012
- Crawley, Helen (Caroline Walker Trust) Eating Well for under 5s in child care - Practical and nutritional guidelines 2006
- Gondolf UH, Tetens I, Michaelsen KF, Trolle E. Dietary habits of partly breast-fed and completely weaned infants at 9 months of age. Public Health Nutr. 2012;15(4):578-586.
- Hetherington MM, Cecil JE, Jackson DM, Schwartz C. Feeding infants and young children. from guidelines to practice. Appetite. 2011;57(3):791-795.
- Infant Feeding, Child Health, ISD Scotland.http://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Child-Health/Infant-Feeding/ (accessed 17/11/14)
- Infant feeding: weaning, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Clinical Guidelines http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/health-professionals/clinical-guidelines/infant-feeding-weaning/ (accessed 17/11/14)
- Improving Maternal and Infant Nutrition: A Framework for Action, Scottish Government, January 2011 http://scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/337658/0110855.pdf (accessed 17/11/14)
- Marijn van Dijk, Sabine Hunnius, Paul van Geert. Variability in eating behaviour throughout the weaning period. Appetite, 2009
- Schwartz C, Chabanet C, Lange C, Issanchou S, Nicklaus S. The role of taste in food acceptance at the beginning of complementary feeding. Physiol Behav. 2011;104(4):646-652.
- Seiverling LJ, Hendy HM, Williams KE. Child and parent variables associated with texture problems in children's feeding. Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities. 2011;23(4):303-311.
- van Dijk M, Hunnius S, van Geert P. Variability in eating behavior throughout the weaning period. Appetite. 2009;52(3):766-770.
- Vereijken CMJL, Weenen H, Hetherington MM. Feeding infants and young children. from guidelines to practice-conclusions and future directions. Appetite. 2011;57(3):839-843.
- Your baby's first solid food, NHS Choices. http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/solid-foods-weaning.aspx (accessed 17/11/14)