Nutrition and Diet Resources UK (NDR-UK), a company limited by guarantee in Scotland (company number SC364677) with registered office at Baltic Chambers, 50 Wellington Street, Glasgow G2 6HJ (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting ndr-uk.org (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), we are the data controller.
Information We Collect From You
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information (including, but not limited to, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform); and
- information about your visit (including, but not limited to, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by our web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer and are safe.
Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in our site that issued the cookie to you.
None of the cookies on our site collect or store personal data, we only store standard internet log data for our internal reporting purposes. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, keeping your privacy as well as allowing us to improve our site wherever possible.
You still have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our services or site.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations (including, but not limited to, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes);
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of Your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties, including, but not limited to:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (including, but not limited to, PayPal); and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to: (i) comply with any legal obligation; (ii) enforce or apply our terms and conditions of sale and other agreements; or (iii) protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.