Privacy (& Cookies) Policy
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR).
For the purposes of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller, and any enquiry regarding collection and processing of your data should be addressed to Laura Weir at our address 238-239 Baltic Chambers, 50 Wellington Street, Glasgow G2 6HJ.
By using our website and services you consent to our collection and use of your information as described in this Policy. If we change our Policy and/or procedures, we will post those changes on our website to keep you aware of what information we collect and how we use it.
Types of information collected
We will collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our email newsletter, place an order on our site, view a sample resource on our site or contact us using the contact form on our site. The information you give us may include your name, place of work, job title, what samples you have viewed, correspondence / delivery address, e-mail address and phone number, and your areas of professional interest / speciality. We also store the history of our contact with you, for example by email or phone, for the purposes of record and customer service.
Information we collect.
When you visit our website, we will automatically collect the following information:
- When someone visits www.ndr-uk.org we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If you wish to find out more about how Google Analytics works, please visit this section of their website https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners.
We do not receive or store any payment information when you make a purchase on our website. That information is processed securely and privately by PayPal, the third-party payment processors we use. PayPal will only use your data to provide the necessary payment services. More information can be found in this section of their website www.paypal.com/privacy.
Uses made of the information
Any personal data you submit via our website will be retained by NDR-UK for as long as you use the services provided on our website. Data that you may provide to us through any other communications channel – such as by email or phone - will be retained for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was provided.
We will never disclose your personal information to third parties, subject to those identified in this Policy as necessary for providing our services to you.
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the DPA and GDPR. Personal Data from our website is stored on secure servers and stored securely in our Customer Relationship Management system, Microsoft Dynamics 365.
The personal information you provide to us may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example, if you place an order we will use your information to process it
- if you have asked us to make a delivery to you, we will provide the delivery address details to our dispatch company, where it is stored in accordance with GDPR and only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the request
- sending you relevant information by email newsletter, if you have given us consent to do so
- contact in our legitimate business interest, for example, to check that you are happy with our products and service, or gain related feedback
- contact for product development purposes if, for example, we feel you may want to have input into the development of a new resource, or the review of an existing one, in the legitimate interest of both you and us
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
- to check our records are right
The personal information our website collects about you may be used for the following reasons.
- to administer our site and for internal operations (including, but not limited to, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes)
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device
- to analyse the success of promotional activities by monitoring the number of visitors to particular areas of the website
As part of the registration process for our email newsletter, you give us personal information. NDR-UK will never share or trade this information with anyone else. We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our email newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks via MailChimp to help us monitor and improve our communications. For more information on this, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice here https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
You can unsubscribe from receiving our email newsletters, or update your areas of interest so that you only receive the most relevant communications, at any time via your Account Details page on our website, by clicking on the links at the bottom of our email newsletters, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend or delete the personal information that we hold. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will action it straight away.