Download FREE resource
- Type: PDF
- Size: 139 KB
|NDR-UK Ref No:||9435|
|Publication Format:||A4 leaflet|
Freely downloadable chart to help to quickly work out what bolus should be when patient knows how much carbohydrate they are going to have. Part of NDR-UK's Paediatric Diabetes range.
Advice requires some explanation from a Health Professional who has basic nutrition knowledge to enable correct implementation.
- To ensure optimal growth and development by encouraging and promoting self-management of diabetes.
- To support the patient/client and their carers to adopt dietary practice to help avoid long-term diabetes complications.
The Target Group will know how to use bolus reference table/grid.
- Mark A. Sperling (eds) ISPAD Clinical Practice Consensus Guidelines 2014
- Francesca Annan, Physical Activity and Diabetes – health benefits and management strategies for children and young people. Diabetes care for Children & Young People – vol 2 No 1 2013
- Carmel Smart, Both Dietary Protein and Fat Increase Postprandial Glucose Excursions in Children with type 1 diabetes, and the Effect is Additive. Diabetes care volume 36: 3897 – 3902 December 2013
- Frances Hanson, Karen Ross, Expressing carbohydrate ratios, Diabetes care for Children & Young People – vol 2 No 1 2013
- Diabetes Action Plan, The Scottish Government (2010), The Scottish Government, Edinburgh.
- D De Silva, Helping people help themselves. A review of the evidence considering whether it’s worthwhile to support self-management, The Health Foundation, London. (2011)
- Guidance on the use of patient education models for diabetes, Technology, Appraisal 60, NICE (2003) London.