Light Meals and Snacks
Light Meals and Snacks
Please note that you must register or log in to purchase this resource.
|NDR-UK Ref No:||9229|
|Publication Format:||A6 leaflet|
Short, simple leaflet produced in partnership with NHS Grampian to support people who have been using nutritional supplements to ensure weight maintenance. Suggested light meals and snacks with a minimum of 220kcal and 5g protein.
Enforcement of healthy eating messages for self-management - advice is easily understood requiring no additional explanation.
To support weight gain or weight maintenance for people who are aiming to stop or reduce their use of food supplements.
- Be able to choose individual or combinations of foods which give an equivalent amount of protein and energy to a prescribed supplement.
- Know how to combine foods/liquids to give an equivalent amount of protein and energy to a prescribed supplement.
- Know where to get further help and advice.
- Committee on Medical Aspects of Food Policy (COMA). (1991) Dietary Reference Values for Food Energy and Nutrients for the United Kingdom (Report on Health and Social Subjects No 41). London: The Stationery Office.
- Gibbs Michelle, Baldwin Christine and Weekes Christine Elizabeth. (2012) Supportive interventions for enhancing dietary intake in malnourished or nutritionally at-risk adults. http://www.mrw.interscience.wiley.com/cochrane/clsysrev/articles/CD009840/frame.html
- Brotherton A, Simmonds N, Stroud M. Malnutrition Matters: Meeting Quality Standards in Nutritional Care. A report on behalf of the BAPEN Quality Group A report on behalf of the BAPEN Quality Group 2010.
- A. C. Milne, J. Potter, A. Vivanti and A. Avenell. (2009) Protein and energy supplementation in elderly people at risk from malnutrition. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. (2) 003288.
- Stratton R. BAPEN Symposium 4 on ‘Challenges of enteral feeding from the acute to the community setting’ Should food or supplements be used in the community for the treatment of disease-related malnutrition? Proceedings of the Nutrition Society (2005), 64, 325–333.
- Nice (2006) Nutrition Support in Adults.
- SACN (2008) Nutritional well being of the British Population.
- SACN (2011) Dietary Reference Values for Energy.
- Stratton, C.,et al.,(1999) A critical, systematic analysis of the use of oral nutritional supplements in the community Clin Nut 18 (supp 2):29-84
- Stratton, R., Greene, C., et al (2003) Disease Related Malnutrition: An evidence-based approach to treatment. CABI Publishing
- C E Weekes, P W Emery, M Elia. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: Dietary counselling and food fortification in stable COPD: a randomised trial Thorax (2009).